Brussels Sprouts with Maple and Walnut Vinaigrette
Combined with nuts and maple syrup this vegetable glistens and reminds us of family gatherings—all the good warm times.
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe CourseSide Dish
Dietary ConsiderationEgg-free, Gluten-free, Lactose-free, Peanut Free, Soy Free
MoodFestive, Stressed, Tired
Taste and TextureNutty, Savory, Spiced, Sweet, Tangy
Type of DishVegetable
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Cut an X in the bottom of each Brussels sprout. Steam until tender but still firm.
Meanwhile, whisk the vinegar, maple syrup, and mustard together. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season with the nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the hot Brussels sprouts with the walnuts and vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
1984, 1985 Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins