Published by Imagine
Gorgonzola shares a trait with almost all blue cheese. You love it or hate it. I know someone who cannot be in the same room with it—but we are still friends.
Total TimeUnder 30 minutes
Recipe CourseMain Course
Type of DishSauces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola dolce
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano, plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Coarse sea salt or kosher salt (optional)
- Filled pasta such as tortellini, cappelletti, ravioli, or gnocchi
Melt the butter in a saucepan large enough to hold the pasta or gnocchi. Add the cream to warm, but not boil. Crumble in the Gorgonzola and mash with the back of wooden spoon. Stir until the cheese is well blended, about 5 minutes. Add the pepper and Parmigiano. Cook pasta as directed, blend in the sauce, and serve immediately, passing the extra Parm and black pepper.