Lunch Box Sushi
400 Best Sandwich Recipes: From Classics and Burgers to Wraps and Condiments
Published by Robert Rose
I came up with this idea because sushi for lunch is often requested at my house. These came out great, and I love using shrimp instead of crabmeat in this recipe.
You can use flavored tortillas in this recipe and imitation crab instead of shrimp.
Tip: Prepare your rice the day before. I like to prepare my sushi rice with seasoned vinegar and toasted sesame seeds.
Serves4 to 6
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
Recipe Coursemain course
Dietary Considerationhalal, kosher, peanut free, tree nut free
Taste and Texturesavory
Type of Dishsandwich
- 1 tsp wasabi powder 5 mL
- 2 tbsp soy sauce 30 mL
- 2 cups cooked sushi short-grain rice, cooled 500 mL
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions 30 mL
- 1 tsp Homemade Mayonnaise or store-bought 5 mL
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper flakes 0.5 mL
- 6 10-inch (25 cm) white or whole wheat tortillas
- 6 sheets nori
- 1½ lbs peeled cooked shrimp, chopped 750 g
- 1 cup chopped avocado 250 mL
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber 250 mL
- 1/3 cup soy sauce 75 mL
In a small bowl, combine wasabi and 1 tsp (5 mL) water. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce and mix well.
In a medium bowl, combine rice, wasabi mixture, green onions, mayonnaise and hot pepper flakes.
Line each tortilla with nori. Arrange rice mixture equally in center of each wrap. Add shrimp, avocado and cucumber. Fold both ends over filling. Roll up and serve with soy sauce.
Read NextThe Best Grilled Cheese
2011 Alison Lewis