Marinated Lettuce-Free Greek Salad
Published by Page Street Publishing Co.
This lettuce-free salad is perfect for meal prep, because the ingredients are able to marinate and fuse their flavors together each day in the fridge. The secret to success with this salad is all about the chopping technique and ensuring each component is similar in size, allowing you to capture a little of everything with every bite. I prefer goat milk feta, but any feta, including dairy-free, will work. The dressing is a simple blended vinaigrette. It is perfect for a summer picnic or outdoor barbecue, or as a quick lunch or dinner when adding a protein of choice. This salad requires no oven and takes just 15 minutes to prepare.
Preparation Time15 min
Total TimeUnder 30 minutes
Dietary RestrictionsGluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Egg Free
Type of DishSalad
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and cut into quarter-moons
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium-sized red onion, diced
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes (use dairy-free for vegan)
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
Make the salad: In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, feta cheese, olives and parsley. Toss, then set aside.
Make the dressing: In a high-speed blender, combine the water, olive oil, lemon juice, coconut aminos, vinegar, garlic, oregano, mustard, dill, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Blend for about 30 seconds, or until smooth.
Pour your preferred amount of dressing over the salad and toss again. Place any extra dressing in the fridge; it will keep for 7 to 10 days refrigerated.
Reprinted with permission from Just Eat Real Food: 30-Minute Nutrient-Dense Meals for a Healthy, Balanced Life by Caitlin Green, Page Street Publishing Co. 2021.