Crab Chipotle Cobb Salad
Little rows of all the good salad stuff-crab, tomato, bacon, and corn-and a dressing with a “pow” make this salad a great (and filling) lunch for two. If you like your dressing a little more or less spicy, adjust the amount of adobo sauce.
Makes2 to 4 servings
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Cooking for a date
Recipe Courseappetizer, main course
Dietary Considerationgluten-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Mealbrunch, dinner, lunch
Type of Dishsalad
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion, divided
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle chiles)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 head butterhead or other lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup lump crabmeat
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, buttermilk, lime juice, 1/2 tablespoon of the red onion, and adobo sauce. Cover and chill.
In another bowl, mix the corn and cilantro with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon onion.
Arrange the lettuce to cover the bottom of a large salad platter. Arrange the corn mixture, crab, avocado, tomato, and bacon in rows on top of the lettuce. Sprinkle with the eggs and drizzle with the chipotle dressing.
Read NextGreek Salad
2013 Lara Ferroni