Avocado Salad Cups
When I moved a year ago, I had lots of "food adventures" where I would take myself out for lunch and brekkie at all these health spots in my new neighborhood. I was like a kid in a candy shop. One day I visited a café in Bondi after a yoga class and the owner, Pete, handed me one of these: it was like a guacamole salad in an avocado cup and it was awesome! So this is my take on an avocado cup.
Total TimeUnder 15 minutes
Type of DishSalad
- 1 avocado, halved, flesh scooped and diced, (keep the peel halves for serving cups)
- 1 handful of salad greens, washed and dried
- 10 strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup (70 g) shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (30 g) sunflower seeds
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, plus extra to serve
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
First up, put the diced avocado in a bowl then pop the greens in along with the strawberries, pistachios and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with the balsamic and olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then gently fold the ingredients together, making sure you don’t mash the avocado too much.
Spoon the salad into the avocado cups (there might be a bit leftover, I snack along the way so there often isn’t ...) and give it a final drizzle with olive oil and balsamic. This looks super cute and tastes amazing.