White Chocolate Key Lime Pie
Close your eyes and imagine yourself on a beach in the tropics. Now sink your teeth into a dreamy, luscious pie filled with the flavor of fresh lime juice and creamy white chocolate. Well, you won’t have to travel farther than your kitchen, because this recipe will transport you directly to that beach. You don’t necessarily have to use Key limes here — any lime will work.
Total Timeunder 4 hours
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Dietary ConsiderationEgg-free, Halal, Kosher, Peanut Free, Soy Free, Tree Nut Free, Vegetarian
EquipmentElectric Mixer, Food Processor, Microwave
Taste and TextureChocolatey, Creamy, Fruity, Rich, Sweet, Tangy
Type of DishPie
- 1 package (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened slightly
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) sweetened condensed milk (about 1 1/3 cups/325 mL)
- 3 oz (90 g) white chocolate, melted (see Notes)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) packed grated lime zest
- ¾ cup (175 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 8-inch (20 cm) store-bought graham cracker pie shell
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
- White chocolate curls (see Notes)
In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Pulse until puréed and smooth. Add melted white chocolate, pulsing until smooth. Add lime juice and pulse again until smooth and creamy. Stir in lime zest.
Spread lime mixture in pie shell, smoothing top. Refrigerate pie for 3 to 4 hours or until firm.
In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, whip cream and confectioner’s sugar until stiff peaks form. Swirl whipped cream over top of pie. Sprinkle white chocolate curls over whipped cream. Serve pie at once or refrigerate for up to 1 day.
To melt white chocolate, place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on Medium (50%) for 40 to 60 seconds or just until melted. Let cool slightly.
To make chocolate curls, use a vegetable peeler to peel curls directly off white chocolate bar.
Read NextLone Star Chocolate Pecan Pie
2006 Julie Hasson