Herby, Creamy Pasta
Published by William Morrow
Ravenous? This hits the hunger meter like nothing else and can be made in about fifteen minutes, start to finish. The addition of Greek yogurt, as opposed to cream, keeps the dish light, yet it tastes creamy and rich. Nice with a big Zinfandel.
OccasionCooking for a date
Recipe CourseMain Course
Dietary ConsiderationHalal, Kosher, Peanut Free, Soy Free, Tree Nut Free, Vegetarian
Taste and TextureButtery, Creamy, Herby, Savory, Sweet, Tangy
Type of DishDry Pasta, Pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 1 small bunch of scallions, white and green parts, minced (about 1 cup)
- Lavender Salt or kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh tarragon leaves, plus 1 tablespoon minced
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves, plus 1 tablespoon minced
- ½ cup carrot juice
- 2 heaping tablespoons Greek yogurt
- ½ pound linguine
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Meanwhile, melt the butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat, add the red onion, scallion, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until soft, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a blender and add the tarragon, basil, carrot juice, and yogurt and blend.
Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente, drain, and return to the pot. Gently mix in the sauce and adjust the salt. Transfer to heated bowls and top with the minced herbs and Parmesan.
Read NextFettuccine Alfredo
2007 Eric Gower