Papaya Oat Muffins
Papayas pack a nutritional wallop. Long trumpeted for their benefits to digestion, they also are rich in vitamin C, folate and potassium and are a good source of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C and lutein.
Total Timeunder 2 hours
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour 375 mL
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 250 mL
- 1½ tsp baking powder 7 mL
- 1½ tsp ground ginger 7 mL
- 1½ tsp baking soda 2 mL
- ½ tsp salt 2 mL
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar 150 mL
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil 30 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 1 cup low-fat (1 %) plain yogurt 250 mL
- ¼ cup low-fat (1%) milk 60 mL
- 2 cups chopped ripe papaya 500 mL
- 12-cup muffin pan, greased
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, ginger, baking soda and salt.
In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, egg, oil and vanilla until well blended. Whisk in yogurt and milk until blended.
Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Gently fold in papaya.
Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 23 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
750 Best Muffin Recipes