Apple Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
Makes12 to 18 muffins
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
Recipe CourseDessert, Side Dish, Snack
Dietary ConsiderationHalal, Kosher, Peanut Free, Soy Free, Vegetarian
MealBreakfast, Brunch, Snack
Taste and TextureChewy, Fruity, Spiced, Sweet
Type of DishMuffins
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp (20 mL) butter
- 2½ cups (625 mL) all purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- ½ cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely chopped apples
- Muffin tins, greased or paper-lined
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Prepare the topping: In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter; mix until coarse and crumbly. Set aside.
Prepare the muffins: In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Make a well in the center.
In another bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir just until blended. Add apples; blend well. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moist.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle with topping. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Read NextBlueberry Swirl Muffins
2008 Esther Brody