Published by Vegan Heritage Press, LLC
This quiche bakes up light, fluffy, and custardy, just the way I like it. Enjoy this for brunch with my favorite side dish, the mimosa.
Makes6 to 8 servings
Total TimeUnder One Hour
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 14 ounces soft tofu, drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped Seitan Bacon or your favorite vegan bacon
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (9-inch) vegan pie crust
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350˚F. In a blender or food processor, pulse the cashews until they are finely ground. Add the tofu, cornstarch, nutritional yeast, miso paste, mustard, salt, and onion powder, then blend again until the mixture is very smooth.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon pieces and cook until they are browned and crispy, 5 to 6 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix the tofu filling with the bacon and cheese. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and bake for 45 minutes, until deep golden brown on top. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh chives before serving.
Copyright 2016 by Leinana Two Moons