Published by Page Street Publishing Co.
There’s a local pizzeria where I live that serves a cauliflower-crust pizza. I tried it long before I was Keto, and I was hooked! Be sure to keep the crust thin for the best results. The garlic, basil and cheeses make this pizza a flavor- filled Italian treat!
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (10 g) chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 tablespoon (3 g) chopped at-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (56 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (45 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8-oz ([226-g]) ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 medium-sized tomato, sliced
Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
Using a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it turns into “rice.” In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the cauliflower and egg until combined. Add the garlic, 1 tablespoon (3 g) of the basil, parsley, salt, pepper, shredded mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; stir until just combined.
Place the cauliflower mixture on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Press into a thin circle about 1⁄4 inch (6 mm) thick.
Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are beginning to brown.
Remove the pizza from the oven and top it with the fresh mozzarella slices and the sliced tomato. Bake for another 5 to 7 minutes, or just until the mozzarella and tomatoes are soft.
Sprinkle with the remaining 3 tablespoons (7 g) of basil and serve.