150+ Nigella Lawson Recipes
Discover some of our favorite recipes from celebrity chef, Nigella Lawson!
Nigella Lawson is one of our most popular celebrity chefs here at Cookstr! Her accessible recipes for making your home and dinner party divine are beloved by people across the globe. Our collection includes recipes for several of her cookbooks. Look out below for appetizer ideas, dinner recipes, some of Nigella Lawson's favorite holiday treats, and so much more.
Nigella Lawson has published 12 cookbooks in her lifetime, ranging from the principles of food to Italian and holiday-themed collections. Since a young age, Nigella loved food and cooking. Her first and bestselling cookbook, How to Eat: Pleasures and Principles of Good Food, was inspired by a dinner party where she witnessed the hostess cry over ruined creme brulee. Nigella Lawson loves to create recipes that are accessible and tasty for all. Since then, Nigella has published several cookbooks, starred in her own series, and appeared on many tv shows.
Nigella Lawson Dinner Recipes
While you may not be able to have dinner with Nigella herself, these recipes are the next best thing. This extensive list of tasty dinner ideas includes chicken recipes, classic Italian dishes, seafood, and so much more.
- Slow Cooked Lamb with Beans: This ideal recipe for Easter is perfect for entertaining since most of the prep happens before guests arrive.
- Keema: Keema, another word for ground meat, is a yummy Indian dish served in a bowl with peas.
- One-Pan Sage-and-Onion Chicken and Sausage: Cooked in one big pan, this dinner is spicy and easy.
- Parma Ham Bundles: Serve this dish on french bread with your favorite goat cheese and some tasty fresh figs.
- Capery Salad to Turn Ritzy Chicken Nuggets into a Grown-Up Meal: Combine chicken nuggets and a yummy salad for an impressive meal that grown-ups and kids alike will adore.
- Aloo Gobi: This caulliflower and potato curry takes under an hour to make.
- Pheasant with Green Chillies: This recipe is perfect for a 10-person feast and uses Greek yogurt for a refreshing and unique meal.
- Green Fatoush: This new take on a Middle Eastern recipe uses avocado.
- Double Haddock Fishcakes: This is a seafood recipe just about everyone loves, even those who complain about fish dishes.
- Lamb Shanks with Figs and Honey: A brilliant way to cook lamb shanks with a unique flavor palate that includes rosemary, pumpkin, and red wine.
- Lemon Roast Chicken with Lazy Mash: This classic dinner recipes is pretty much no-fail for any family night.
- Mughlai Chicken: This creamy, hot, and spicy chicken recipe is cooked with sultanas for a yummy dinner.
- Big Pasta with Mushroom, Parsley, Garlic and Thyme: This meat-free pasta dish is great for a casual party when you've invited a vegetarian friend or just want to serve something light.
- Champagne Risotto for Two: This romantic little treat can be made with the leftover champagne from the night before.
- Lentils Braised in Red Wine: These boozy lentils make a light dinner option or can be served with a heavier meal.
- Nursery Fish Pie: This meat pie is made with fresh fish and can be made the day before a party.
- Spaghetti Alle Vongole: Clams and spaghetti combine for a decadent meal.
- Grilled Eggplant with Feta, Mint and Chilli: This grilled eggplant dish is crazy unique because it uses mint and chili.
- Keralan Fish Curry with Lemon Rice: This tasty curry and fish dish is perfect for summer.
- Slow-Roasted Garlic and Lemon Chicken: Nigella loves to cook with lemon to add a light citrus touch. This chicken recipe is the perfect example.
- Sea Bass with Saffron, Sherry and Pine Nuts: Sherry and sultanas transform traditional sea bass into a brand new dish.
- Bulgur Wheat Salad with Pink-Seared Lamb: This fresh and tasty recipe is a fun take on tabbouleh.
- Saffron-Scented Chicken Pilaf: A cinnamon and lemony yogurt marinade really makes this dish.
- Linguine with Chilli, Crab and Watercress: If you're looking for a cheaper option, this recipe is still tasty with frozen crab.
- Pappardelle with Zucchini, Sultanas and Pine Nuts: This is a veggie dish even carnivores will obsess over.
- Game Pie: This elevated meat pie will impress at any dinner party.
- Zucchini and Chickpea Filo Pie: This yummy dinner pie is a "pie for someone who doesn't want to make a pastry" and you will love it.
- Pizza Rustica: Pizza rustica is not a pizza, instead a pastry stuffed with yummy ingredients.
- Ham in Coca-Cola: This fun way to cook ham has been a favorite of Nigella's for years.
- Curry in a Hurry: If you need a fast dinner option, this Indian dish will be your new best friend.
- Thai Yellow Pumpkin and Seafood Curry: Another quick recipe to save your last-minute dinner party.
- Soft and Sharp Involtini: This cheesey 2-hour recipe is an excellent way to make egglant.
- Asian-Spiced Kedgeree: This fusion recipes uses haddock and traditional indian flavors.
- Pasta E Fagioli: The recipe ingredients for this recipe includes "1 knee-high hosiery sock" see why!
- Double Potato and Halloumi Bake: Potatoes and cheese combine to make a sweet and salty recipe to love.
- Linguine with Garlic Oil and Pancetta: This recipe only requires 2 ingredients and they're all listed in the name.
- Italian Sausages with Lentils: This is a traditional Italian dish served on New Year's Day.
- Lemon Risotto: This is a simple and quick dish when you're looking a comforting meal.
- Warm Shredded Lamb Salad with Mint and Pomegranate: This recipe can be cooked overnight.
- Salt and Pepper Squid: This casual seafood dish can be cooked overnight.
- Buttermilk Roast Chicken: Use this classic way to cook chicken to impress your family in minutes.
- Gravlax Sashimi: This yummy recipe combines swedish prep with japanese flavors.
- Lamb Rib Chops with Chile and Black Olives: Nigella calls this recipe "heavenly". See why!
- Chicken, Mushroom, and Bacon Pie: This gold-crusted, welcoming pie is a comforting recipe for a chilly day.
- Mellow Meatballs: This dish can be made with frozen meatballs, making it a great recipe to have in your back pocket.
- Coq Au Riesling: This streamlined way of making coq au vin takes just an hour to make and serves 6.
- Smoked Cod and Cannellini: Nigella calls this recipe one of her "reliable standbys".
- Crispy Duck: Combine this recipe with store-bought Chinese pancakes.
- Duck Breasts with Pomegranate and Mint: Easy to make and exquisite, this recipe is the ideal dinner party recipe.
- Seared Salmon with Singapore Noodles: You likely have most of the ingredients that you need in your cupboard.
- Ham Steaks with Parsley: This recipe could be created with just about any type of pea.
- Roast Pencil Leeks: This recipe is made with tiny leeks and is as charming as it is tasty.
- Linguine with Lemon, Garlic, and Thyme Mushrooms: All this recipe requires you to do is steep mushrooms in oil, garlic, lemon, and thyme, and toss them into the hot cooked pasta.
- Seafood Pot: This seafood pot is ideal for a dinner party. Serve it with a tasty salad.
- Spaghettini with Shrimp and Chile: Nigella on this recipe, "what I make for people when I want something that needs no thought, no fuss, no effort."
- Ginger Glazed Ham: This recipe can be made with orange marmalade too.
- Lamb Ribs with Nigella and Cumin Seeds: This recipe is one of the cheapest ways to eat lamb.
- Chicken Traybake with Bitter Orange and Fennel: This homey chicken recipe is roasted and ready for your next family dinner.
Appetizers, Dips, and Starters
Start your dinner party off right with these tasty starters from Nigella! These tasty dinner party friendly ideas are perfect to past and are sure to impress your guests.
- Italianified Guacamole: This guacamole is unqiue and yummy. You'll be surprised how the basil complements the avocado.
- Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts, Pancetta and Parsley: This dish is great for a fall dinner party or even a Thanksgiving dish.
- Eggplant, Mint and Yogurt Dip: This tasty dip is perfect with french bread.
- Green Bean and Lemon Casserole: Green beans and lemon are the perfect addition to any meal.
- Maple-Roast Parsnips: Add a side of sweet to your dinner with these roasted parsnips.
- Spinach with Pinenuts and Sultanas: This spinach dish is tasty and yummy.
- Zucchini Fritters: Instead of deep frying these fritters, you fry them on a pan.
- Nigellan Flatbread: This soft and dippable bread is perfect for any dip or cheese.
- Bar Nuts: Making your own bar nuts is super easy.
- Halloumi with Chilli: Cheese and chili combine for a delicious starter with this dish.
- Peppers with Feta and Almonds: This tasty dish is the perfect side, but it works as a lunch too.
- Juicy Beef Skewers with Horseradish Dip: Serve up this dish to mingling guests before the real dinner starts.
- Butternut Squash with Pecans and Blue Cheese: This squash makes a yummy side dish or a great veggie alternative to the Thanksgiving turkey.
- Quick Crostini with Avocado and Green Pea Hummus: Also known as the instant canapé.
- Cheese Fondue: An oh so 70s way to keep your guests entertained.
- Chopped Ceviche and Mexicola: This popular South American dish is perfect as a light, summer snack.
- Red Shrimp and Mango Curry: Serve this shrimp as a starter or a main dish.
- Wasabi Lime Dressing: This green dressing packs a punch and is ideal for salads or veggies.
- Anchovy Red Wine Dressing: The perfect dressing to gussy up grilled peppers.
- Mustard-Caper Sauce for Broccoli: Transform simple broccoli, grilled or steamed, with this mustard sauce.
- Pappardelle with Escarole: Greens and pasta make a light dinner or a fantastic starter.
- Potato and Mushroom Gratin: Combine this starchy yum with your favorite meat for a full meat and potatos meal.
Sweets and Desserts
Nigella is not afraid to make a decadent sweets recipe! This list of delicious dessert recipes is full of chocolatey goodness, cookies, cakes, pies, and so much more. Go ahead and treat yourself!
- Blonde Mocha Sauce: Pour this decadent sauce over ice cream at the end of your party.
- Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Muffins: These sweet little muffins are perfect to end a brunch party.
- Wedding Pavlova: Peaches and meringue make an elegant wedding dessert.
- Peanut Butter and Snickers Fudge Sauce for Ice Cream: Another way to transform simple ice cream into a decadent dessert.
- Raspberry and Oatmeal Swirls: This somewhat healthy, completely delicious dessert can be made with frozen berries if you don't have anything fresh in your fridge.
- Chocolate Cheesecake: Classic cheesecake with just a hint of chocolate.
- Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies: Serve these combo cookies with tea in the afternoon.
- Rhubarb Compote: Bright and beautiful, this compote is ideal served warm with custard.
- Lemon Meringue Cake: A soft and sweet dessert for summer.
- Custard Recipe: This simple vanilla custard can be served on its own or combined with a compote of your choice.
- Marble Cake: This marble cake is a comforting recipe you can serve after dinner or in the morning with coffee.
- Pumpkin Seed Brittle: This seasonal snack is a great take-home treat for your guests.
- Anglo-Italian Trifle: This trifle is easy to make with your favorite ingredients if you'd prefer to swap out a few layers.
- Caramelized Pineapple with Hot Chocolate Sauce: Make this summer treat on the grill or make it during colder months in the broiler.
- Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova: The second pavlova on this list, this recipe is a little simpler.
- Lavender Trust Cupcakes: These savory little cupcakes are a soothing treat.
- Chilled Caramelized Oranges with Yogurt: Aromatic and sweet, this orange treat is the perfect end-of-the-meal palate cleanser.
- Vin Santo Ice Cream with Cantuccini: Nigella calls this recipe "voluptuously velvety" and it is easy to see why.
- Chocolate-Cherry Cupcakes: These are bake sale ready and adult enough to serve at an elegant dinner party.
- Coconut Macaroons: While macaroons are a very french dessert, this variation is undeniably English.
- Cappuccino Cupcakes: Unlike other cappuccino-inspired desserts, this one is more coffee than it is chocolate.
- London Cheesecake: London's answer to New York's famous cheesecake.
- Molten Chocolate Babycakes: These little cakes are complicated to create, but well worth it.
- Peanut Butter Squares: A homemade version of everyone's favorite treat.
- Strawberry Shortcakes: Consider making this classic dish with passionfruit instead.
- Easy Almond Cake: An easy cake that packs an impressive punch.
- Blackberry Galette: This pizza-like dessert is ideal and easy to make.
- Butterscotch Layer Cake: This cake is crazy rich, so be sure to serve it in thin slices.
- My Mother-In-Law’s Madeira Cake: If you love vintage recipes, this yellow cake is the perfect cake to try out.
- Chocolate Cloud Cake: Melty, dark, and rich is ideal for your sweet tooth.
- Chocolate Fudge Cake: This fudgey cake features thick icing.
- Easy Sticky-Toffee Dessert: Make this traditional dessert with a twist.
- Bitter Orange Ice Cream: Making your own ice cream is easier than you think.
- Instant Chocolate Mousse: A chocolate mousse that you can make minutes before you eat it? We were surprised too.
- Peaches in Muscat: Just 3 ingredients make up this Italian recipe.
- Irish Cream Tiramisu: Tiramisu with a boozy punch.
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake: Just like grandma used to make!
- Jumbleberry Crumble: This is a cheap dessert idea that can be served year-round.
- Eton Mess: A sweet little dessert that tastes best with fresh berries.
- Flourless Chocolate Brownies: Flour free and rich, your guests won't say no to this recipe.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Sundae: Serve sundaes at your next party. They're classic for a reason.
- Glitzy Chocolate Puddings: Pudding can be fancy!
- No-Churn Pomegranate Ice Cream: You'll love this fancy ice cream.
- No-Churn Matcha Ice Cream: Matcha is all the rage these day. This trendy ice cream is sure to impress.
Start your day off right with one of Nigella Lawson's breakfast recipes. These tasty recipes include simple on-the-go snacks like muffins as well as more complicated dishes for a full and tasty brunch.
- American Breakfast Pancakes: Classic flapjacks made the Nigella way!
- Banana Bread: Bake this bread on Sunday night and slice it up for breakfast all week.
- Boxing Day Egg-and-Bacon Pie: This boxing day pie can be made for any meal, but we love it for breakfast.
- My Grandmother’s Ginger-Jam Bread and Butter Pudding: Serve this bread pudding recipe with generous portions of in-season fresh fruit along with cups of hot coffee or tea for a quick and easy dessert.
- Orange Breakfast Muffins: This warm muffins are even yummier if you pop them in the toaster oven for a few.
- Breakfast Bruschetta: Say good morning with bruschetta!
- Go Get ’Em Smoothie: Give yourself the kick you need to kick butt all day with this smoothie.
- Blackberries in Muscat Jelly: Wine in the morning? If you're on vacation, why not?
- Breakfast Banana Bread with Cardamom and Cocoa Nibs: This banana bread is unique and smoky.
Decadent Salad Recipes
Adding a salad to your meal can seem like a boring way to add some healthy ingredients, but these salad recipes are sure to change your mind. The salad recipes below are unique and absolutely worth your time. They make great lunches too.
- Chicken, Almond and Parsley Salad: This yummy salad is hearty enough to be a main course.
- Watermelon, Feta and Black Olive Salad: Savory and refreshing at the same time, this contrast is actually very tasty.
- Double Squash and Bean Salad: Colorful veggies combine to make a very eatable and instagram-able salad.
- Chopped Fruit Salad: Chop this salad in the morning and chow down on it in the morning for an extra healthy breakfast.
- Red-Leaf, Fig, and Serrano Ham Salad: You'll love the tasty and happy hues of this salad.
- Salmon, Avocado, Watercress Salad with Pumpkin Seeds: This make-ahead salad is made easier when you make the salmon in advance.
- Riff on a Caesar Salad: Check out this unique twist on a Ceasar salad.
- Feta and Avocado Salad with Red Onions, Pomegranate and Nigella Seeds: This salad serves two, so keep this recipe up your sleeve if you want to impress your partner with a special dinner.
- Lemon, Mint and Spinach Salad: Need a great in-between course? This light and fragrant recipe is perfect to nibble on before the main course.
Soups and Stews
These yummy soups and stews are ideal for a starter or can be a meal all on their own. If you're looking for a quick way to explore Nigella Lawson recipes, this might be it!
- Chicken Noodle Soup: You can't go wrong with chicken noodle soup!
- Vegetarian Chili with Cornbread Topping: This meat-free chili is extra tasty.
- Mushroom Stroganoff with Basmati Rice: This tasty recipe is hearty enough to be a full meal, but makes a great add-on too.
- Spiced Pink Soup: Don't let the color fool you - this is a tasty soup!
- Hot and Sour Soup: A little spice is always nice! Especially in those winter months.
- Chilled Pea and Mint Soup: A refreshing and soothing soup that's perfect for any season.
- Chowder with Asian Flavors: This fusion chowder is too yummy to skip.
Christmas Recipes and Other Seasonal Dishes
Nigella Lawson has published many holiday recipes over the years, including the recipes featured in her cookbook, Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities, and on her popular television series, Nigella's Christmas Kitchen. Check out some of our favorite seasonal treats from Nigella below.
- Slime Soup: The perfect spooky start for a spooky Halloween.
- Christmas Cupcakes: The perfect alternative to mince pies.
- Christmas Decorations: Create darling decor in your kitchen.
- Mulled Cider: You won't find a better sip for fall.
- Aromatic Christmas Ham: Christmas dinner done the Nigella way!
- Pumpkin and Goat's Cheese Lasagne: An autumnal take on a classic dinner idea.
- Gleaming Maple Cheesecake: A smoky and sweet way to take cheesecake to the next level.
- Panettone and Italian Sausage Stuffing: Have a very merry Italian holiday.
- Ed's Victorious Turkey Hash: Perfect as a meal for two or a hearty side for more.
- Roast Rib of Beef with Port and Stilton Gravy: A unique cheese lends some unique flavors to your rib!
- Star-Topped Mince Pies: A tasty and festive take on a popular English dish.
- Cranberry-Studded Mincemeat: The cranberries really add to this popular dish.
- Pecan-Plus Pie: You can make this pie 2 days early as long as you store it properly.
- Peanut Brittle with Art and Soul: This isn't your everyday brittle recipe.
Mixed Drink and Alcohol-Inspired Recipes
A list of Nigella Lawson recipes would not be complete with some tasty sips and mixed drinks. Check out recipes for bellinis, margaritas, and more.
- Bellini: Prosseco and peaches mix perfectly in this refreshing summer drink.
- Kiwitini: A fun take on a traditional vodka martini.
- Elderflower and Passion Fruit Cooler: Elderflower is a popular drink ingredient these days. Find out why.
- Margarita Ice Cream: This adults-only ice cream is perfect for a hot, hot day.
- Gin and Tonic Gelatin Mold: Boozy gelatin is a yummy way to serve up some alcohol at your party.
- Watermelon Daiquiri: Welcome summer with this refreshing take on a classic drink.
- Bloody Mary—A Pitcherful: The perfect solution for your big brunch!