The gingery peach flavor of ripe, pungent mangoes is wonderful with any mild-flavored seafood or poultry. You could also serve this as a dipping salsa with jicama or corn chips.
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
Dietary Considerationdiabetic, egg-free, gluten-free, halal, healthy, kosher, lactose-free, low carb, low cholesterol, low saturated fat, low-fat, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegan, vegetarian
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturefruity, herby, light, savory, tangy
Type of Dishdip/spread, salsa
- ¾ cup fresh mango, chopped into ½-inch cubes
- ¾ cup diced Spanish onion
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pequín quebrado chile
Combine all ingredients and toss together. Allow the flavors to blend for at least 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
1987, 2005 Jane Butel