Strawberry Lassi Ice Pops
Editor's Note: If summer is synonymous with feasting on strawberries for you, then you will love this recipe for Strawberry Lassi Ice Pops. Light, fruity, and refreshing, this frozen dessert will be a sweet and sophisticated treat indeed on a hot day. Your family and friends will love this twist on the traditional ice pop, which can be made with yogurt for a smooth and creamy taste. This frozen dessert can be served at a casual outdoor party with friends or eaten inside while catching up on your favorite show. You'll especially love that this ice pop recipe is easy to make, and that it only has five ingredients.
Honey and a touch of black pepper flavor these lassi-inspired ice pops.
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get Together
Recipe CourseDessert, Snack
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and TextureCreamy, Fruity, Sweet
Type of DishDessert, Frozen Dessert
- 2 cups halved hulled strawberries or frozen whole strawberries, thawed 500 mL
- 1 cup plain yogurt (see Tips below) 250 mL
- 1/3 cup milk 75 mL
- ¼ cup liquid honey (see Tips below) 60 mL
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
In blender at medium speed, puree strawberries, yogurt, milk, honey and pepper.
Pour into molds and freeze until slushy, then insert sticks and freeze until solid, for at least 4 hours. If you are using an ice pop kit, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
* It is preferable to use at least 2% yogurt or yogurt with a higher fat content for this ice pop. Greek-style or drained (thickened) yogurt also produces a good result. Non-fat or 1% yogurt can be used, but will produce an icy rather than creamy result.
* Use a light-flavored floral honey such as wildflower, orange blossom, acacia, or clover.
2013 Andrew Chase