If you don’t have a deviled egg serving platter, cut very thin slices off of the bottoms so that the eggs stay put.
Makes:12 deviled eggs
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionBuffet, Cocktail Party
Recipe Coursehors d'oeuvre
Dietary Considerationhealthy, low carb, low-fat, soy free, tree nut free
Taste and Texturecreamy, savory, spiced
Type of Dishcanape/crostini
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lowfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Paprika for garnish
1) Peel the eggs . Cut them in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. Put one yolk in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and discard the rest.
2) Add all remaining ingredients except the paprika to the processor bowl. Pulse until the mixture is well blended but not pureed (over-processing will make the filling runny). Scrape down the sides twice during processing.
3) To fill the eggs, use a teaspoon or a pastry bag fitted with a large decorative tip. Garnish with paprika.
Read NextFarmhouse Cheddar Skillet Pie
1997 Terry Blonder Golson