Perfect party food, make them hot as the devil with spicy paprika and hot mustard, or keep them mellow with milder condiments. Good with rounds of buttered toast and a few salad leaves.
Prepare ahead: The eggs can be made up to 24 hours ahead, covered and refrigerated.
Preparation Time10 min
Preparation Time - Text10 Mins
Cooking Time10 min
Cooking Time - Text10
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionBuffet, Cocktail Party
Recipe Coursehors d'oeuvre
Dietary Considerationgluten-free, kosher, low calorie, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegetarian
Taste and Texturehot & spicy, savory
Type of Dishcanape/crostini
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp hot or Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp hot or sweet paprika, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
Simmer the eggs for 8 minutes. Rinse briefly under cold water. Lightly crack the eggs and soak them in ice water until cooled. Peel the eggs. Cut each in half lengthwise.
Remove the yolks and place them in a small bowl. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, and paprika, and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
Fill the egg white halves with the yolk mixture. Top each one with a cherry tomato quarter, a sprinkle of chives, and a dusting of paprika.
3. Fill the egg white halves with the yolk mixture. Top each one with a cherry tomato quarter, a sprinkle of chives, and a dusting of paprika.
2008 Dorling Kindersley