Quick Southwestern Bean Dip
When you have a bit more time, instead of mashing the beans, just toss them with your favorite salsa, along with some corn, fresh peppers, and cilantro.
8 to 10 servings
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
OccasionFamily Get-together, game day
Recipe Courseappetizer, snack
Dietary Considerationegg-free, lactose-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegetarian
Type of Dishdip/spread, salsa, sauces
- 2 cups cooked black beans, drained
- 16-ounce jar mild, medium, or hot salsa
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Tortilla chips
In a small bowl, combine the black beans, salsa, corn, bell peppers, and cilantro.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
1994 Bonnie Tandy Leblang