Total Timeunder 2 hours
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Formal Dinner Party
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturesavory
Type of Dishvegetable
- 3 1/4 pounds Yukon Gold or similar potatoes, peeled and halved
- ½ bulb of garlic, separated into cloves and crushed with the back of a knife
- A small bunch of fresh rosemary, separated into sprigs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons good-quality olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- A small bunch of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 2 pounds Chantenay carrots, or if you can't find any use Normal carrots cut at an angle into 2 inch pieces
- Zest of 1 orange
Preheat your oven to 425°F.
Parboil your potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain in a colander and toss around to scruff up the outside of the spuds. Toss with the garlic cloves, half of the rosemary, salt and pepper to taste, 4 tablespoons of the olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large bowl. Arrange in one layer in a roasting pan and roast for 45 minutes until golden.
For the parsnips, cut them in half lengthways, parboil for 10 minutes and drain. Toss with the honey, thyme, salt and pepper to taste, 10g of the butter, and 2 teaspoons of the oil. Lay the parsnips flat in a roasting pan in one layer, and roast for about 40 minutes until golden.
Put your carrots in a pan, cover with cold water and add a pinch of salt. Boil for about 15 minutes or until cooked. Meanwhile, finely chop the remaining rosemary and the orange zest together to mix. Drain the cooked carrots and toss with the remaining butter. Season to taste and sprinkle with the orange zest and rosemary before serving.
2016 Jamie Oliver
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.