The Full English
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
Recipe CourseMain Course
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and TextureMeaty, Savory
- 6 good-quality pork and leek sausages
- 4 wild mushrooms, wiped
- 2 small tomatoes – scored on top
- 8 ounces thick-sliced bacon
- 6 ounces black pudding, sliced
- 1 x 14 1/2-ounce can of baked beans
- 2 knobs of butter
- 6 eggs, preferably free-range or organic, cracked into a bowl and beaten
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ a loaf of thick-sliced bread, for toasting
Preheat the broiler to high. Set the oven to its lowest heat and pop 2 plates in it to keep warm.
Put the sausages, mushrooms and tomatoes, scored-side up, on a large broiling pan and place under the broiler, about 2 inches from the heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning the sausages once or twice.
Add the bacon and black pudding to the pan and broil for 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until they are cooked and crispy.
Put the baked beans in a saucepan and warm gently for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place a non-stick saucepan over a low heat. Melt 1 knob of butter in the pan, add the eggs, season to taste and stir gently until just scrambled. Remove from the heat.
Put the bread in the toaster, and arrange the sausages, mushrooms and tomatoes with the bacon, black pudding and beans on the warm plates. When the toast pops up, butter it, then put a slice on each plate and top with scrambled egg. Serve with hot sauce or tomato ketchup on the side, and a pot of tea.
Read NextOrange-Turmeric Shot
2016 Jamie Oliver