Cinnamon-Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
This yummy pumpkin breakfast casserole is ideal for crisp mornings before tailgating.
Family Favorite Casserole Recipes: 103 Comforting Breakfast Casseroles, Dinner Ideas, and Desserts Everyone Will Love
Published by St. Martin's Griffin
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time45 min
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (8-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 large loaf brioche or challah bread, sliced into 2-inch sticks
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
For the French toast: Combine the cream, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in the pumpkin puree until smooth. Place the bread sticks in the baking dish, add the pumpkin mixture, and gently toss to coat.
For the streusel topping: Gently combine the brown sugar, pecans, butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the streusel topping over the casserole and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until set (if the streusel starts to brown, cover with foil to finish baking).
For the maple butter: While the casserole bakes, combine the melted butter with maple syrup in a small bowl.
Scoop the French toast into serving bowls and serve drizzle with maple butter.
Read NextMozzarella-Tomato-Basil Frittata
Copyright 2017 Prime Publishing