Soba Noodle Vegetable Salad
The Food You Crave
Published by Taunton
Ribbons of colorful vegetables and fresh herbs intertwine with tender noodles in this delicately flavored salad. It is a perfect accompaniment for spicy Asian dishes.
Total Timeunder 1 hour
OccasionBuffet, Casual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Courseside dish
Dietary Considerationegg-free, halal, kosher, lactose-free, peanut free
Taste and Textureherby, light, umami
Type of Dishsalad
- 4 ounces soba noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 large shallot, very thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1/3 cup shredded fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon walnut or canola oil
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Asian fish sauce or 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- 12 large Bibb lettuce leaves
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and let cool.
In a medium to large bowl, combine the noodles and the remaining salad ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, add to the noodle salad, and toss lightly to coat.
To serve, scoop spoonfuls of the noodle salad into the lettuce leaves and eat out of hand.
Read NextQuick and Easy Microwave Sushi Rice
2008 Ellie Krieger
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
May 17, 2020
Soba Noodle Vegetable Salad that is awesome combination. Soba and vegetable is healthy. This vegetarian soba noodles recipe is a colorful, healthy, delicious meal! It's super easy to prepare, too. Just cook the noodles and toss in the rest! Greatly appreciated, Great efforts share, thanks for sharing such type of information.
achefsjourney 6283 196
Jun 16, 2013
Made this salad and served along side Salmon Club Sliders - wonderful combination of flavors. Will be a summer favorite!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.