13 Alton Brown Recipes That Will Wow The Crowd
Check out these recipes by the 'Good Eats' star so you can cook like a pro!
Whether you're a die-hard fan of "Good Eats" or just want to make something special for your next meal at home, you can't go wrong with Chef Alton Brown's recipes! The renowned cookbook author and TV show host takes away the intimidation factor in cooking while also serving up generous portions of history and food science know-how. Brown, whose accolades include the award for TV Food Personality/Host in 2011 by the James Beard Foundation, offers a wide range of cuisine in his recipes.
Ready to get cooking? Delicious recipes for appetizers, hearty and flavorful main courses, and tempting desserts are all guaranteed to hit the spot and be a hit with your family and friends. From new and creative recipes to fresh takes on old favorites, these 13 Alton Brown Recipes That Will Wow The Crowd are just what you need!
Table of Contents
You can discover even more recipes by famous chefs! Check out a wide assortment of Mexican recipes by Rick Bayless when you take a look at 18 Rick Bayless Recipes: Salsas, Tamales, and More by Chef Bayless
Alton Brown Appetizers and Side Dishes for Any Occasion
It's almost game day, and you're hosting a crowd for a watch party. While you may have plans to order pizza and will decorate your home in team colors, have you thought about appetizers or side dishes? Instead of just opening a bag of chips and serving some dip, consider making your party one to remember by making your own appetizers. With these side dish and appetizer recipes by Alton Brown, you're sure to score a home run!
- Artichoke and Feta WontonsThe next time you feel like wontons, don't order delivery. Instead, make a batch of this delicious appetizer (pictured at top). You'll love the use of artichoke and feta in this recipe.
- A Perfect Baked PotatoYou may have made a baked potato a time or two in your life, but never quite like this! If you're serving this recipe at a party, then consider setting out an assortment of toppings, too, including salsa, shredded cheese, broccoli florets, and diced olives.
- Pesto Dinner BiscuitsAdd some elegance to just about any meal when you put a basket of these biscuits on the table. Tasty as can be, these biscuits will be the perfect accompaniments to a bowl of soup or a roast dinner.
- Red Beans, Rice, and FiléThis side dish is easy to make and is so filling, too. If you're looking for a new side dish to add to your list of go-to recipes, then this one is it.
Alton Brown's Recipes for Main Courses
Add some pizzazz to the dinner table when you make Alton Brown's recipes for main courses! These hearty and filling recipes can be used for almost any occasion, and are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. You'll discover that these recipes will hit all the right notes and will give new takes on classic dishes. Many of these recipes can easily be served on a weeknight after a long day of work and running errands, too.
- MeatloafAdd a bit of nostalgia to the dinner table with Alton Brown's meatloaf recipe. You'll find it is easy to make and is loaded with the classic meatloaf ingredients.
- Roast TurkeyKick things up a notch this Thanksgiving when you serve this bird at the table. Just keep in mind this recipe does take some prep work in advance of roasting it.
- Dry-Aged Standing Rib RoastAdmit it. You want to show off your cooking skills to your family and friends. If you want to impress the crowd and get them to say "I didn't know you could cook that," then this recipe is one to try.
- Mississippi Delta TamalesUse your choice of chicken, pork shoulder, or chuck roast for this take on the classic tamales recipe. Whether you steam or simmer the tamales, you'll love making this recipe for your next get-together with family and friends.
- Rabbit StewThis stew is simple and understated, and is so easy to make, too. Get your favorite cast iron skillet and get cooking!
- Fried CatfishWhen it comes to comfort food, there's nothing quite like a plate of fried catfish! This recipe uses buttermilk to impart a taste that you're sure to love.
Dessert Recipes by Alton Brown
What's a meal without dessert? Whether you feel like baking a cake that can be shared with friends or simply want to whip up something to curb your sweet tooth, these dessert recipes by Alton Brown will not disappoint. The next time you feel like eating something sweet, don't stop by the bakery; instead, get baking with these recipes.
- Apple CakeWhen the temperature starts to dip and apples are in season, warm up inside and out with this recipe for apple cake. This dessert embodies the best of fall desserts. It's easy to make, too!
- Pineapple Upside-Down CakeYou can't go wrong with a classic dessert, and that's certainly true of this upside-down cake. You'll use plenty of pineapple to make this old-fashioned cake recipe.
- Apple FrittersWhy wait until after dinner to eat dessert? With this recipe, you can have dessert for breakfast. Just serve a plate of these fritters with a just-brewed cup of coffee, and you're set.
If you'd like even more recipes at your fingertips, then you'll want to see this free eCookbook. It's filled with 13 Easy Chicken Recipes for Dinner and Beyond
What is your favorite recipe by Alton Brown?