- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 31 Times
Housewife Yoko Meinhardt-Leye learned to make this delicious dressing from a family cook at her home in Japan, It is wonderful over lettuce or assorted lightly steamed vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark Oriental sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon wasahi (Japanese horseradish paste)
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, smashed in a mortar with a pestle
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon white miso paste
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
Combine all of the ingredients except the chives in a blender and purée until smooth. Stir in the chives.
© 1992 Molly O'Neill
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings.