This is a great way to highlight the fruity side of tomatoes. You can use any color tomato you like, but I like pairing the low-acid yellow varieties with the watermelon, plus the tone on tone theme makes for a beautiful presentation.
- 3 cups yellow heirloom tomatoes, cored and rough chopped
- ½ of a jicama, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup lettuce leaf basil, chopped
- 3 cups yellow watermelon, cubed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ a lime, juiced
This is pretty straightforward. Just mix all of the ingredients together and chill. This is one of those things that gets better after it sits for at least a half hour in the refrigerator.
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and includes 1/2 teaspoon of added salt.