- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 4 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 12 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
Ideal with lunch or dinner.
1. Mix the flours, yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Stir the milk, water, oil, and honey together, then pour into a well in the flours. Stir until slightly sticky. Cover with plastic wrap and leave for 10 minutes.
2. Knead the dough on a floured work surface for 8 minutes, until elastic. The dough will remain slightly sticky. Shape into a ball, place in an oiled bowl, and turn to coat. Cover and leave for 1 hour, until doubled.
3. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Punch down the dough and knead. Divide into 16 balls and place on the sheet. Cover with oiled plastic wrap and leave for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Brush the egg over the rolls and sprinkle with oats. Bake for 15–20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox