- Course: Dessert, Snack
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 10 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
My sister-in-law Randie felt it was important to include a white cupcake with coconut frosting. So I immediately got to work developing a coconut cupcake worthy of a fancy dinner party. Randie, this cupcake recipe is for you.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
1. In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, eggs, rum and vanilla until smooth. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating just until smooth.
3. Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
4. Spread Cream Cheese Icing over cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle coconut over frosting.
Variation: Substitute light-color rum for the coconut rum. You can also substitute Easy Buttercream Frosting for the Cream Cheese Icing.
When making the frosting for these cupcakes, I added 1 tsp (5 mL) coconut rum to the Cream Cheese Icing.
Nutritional information does not include Cream Cheese Icing. For nutritional information on Cream Cheese Icing, please follow the link above.