Warm or Cold Tomato and White Bean Soup
Fresh herbal overtones lift the flavor of this instant soup. White beans make a creamy base for soups, dips, and sauces.
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe Courseappetizer, main course
Dietary Considerationappetizer, main course
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturecreamy, herby, light
Type of Dishsoup
- Two 16-ounce cans cannellini (large white beans), drained and rinsed
- One 28-ounce can stewed low-sodium tomatoes
- 2 scallions, green parts only, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, parsley, or dill, or to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt-free herb-and-spice seasoning mix, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Reserve half of the beans and place the rest in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients.
Puree until smooth. Transfer to a serving container if serving cold or to a large saucepan if serving hot. Stir in the reserved beans.
Serve at once if you’d like this at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate until chilled if desired. If you’d like to serve this warm, heat slowly in a large saucepan, and serve.
2001 Nava Atlas