- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 43 Times
This crunchy, nutty salad is also a great vegetable side dish.
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 lb (450g) green beans, preferably haricots verts, trimmed
- 9 oz (250g) snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1½ tsp Asian sesame oil
- 1½ tsp honey
- 3 scallions, white parts only, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan over medium heat, stirring often, until toasted. Transfer to a plate.
2. Cook the green beans in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas and cook about 1 minute more, until both vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain well in a colander.
3. Mix the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and honey in a large bowl. Add the green beans, snow peas, and scallions and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.
Prepare ahead: The green beans and snow peas can be blanched and the dressing prepared up to 4 hours ahead; reheat the vegetables in boiling water for 1 minute, drain, and add the dressing.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox