Warm Chicken Salad
Quick to cook, and easy to assemble, this warm salad is hearty, but refreshing at the same time. Good with thick slices of crusty French bread.
Preparation Time10 min
Preparation Time - Text10 mins
Cooking Time8 min
Cooking Time - Text8
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Coursemain course
Dietary Considerationmain course
Taste and Texturesavory
Type of Dishwarm salad
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, about 5½ oz (150g) each, cut into ½ in (1cm) wide strips
- 1/3 cup drained and thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head radicchio, torn into small pieces
- 9 oz (250g) asparagus spears, trimmed and each cut into 3 pieces
- 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is opaque when pierced with the tip of a knife.
Meanwhile, put the radicchio in a large serving bowl. Using a slotted spoon, add the chicken mixture to the radicchio.
Add the asparagus pieces to the fat remaining in the pan and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes, or until they are crisp-tender. Transfer to the bowl with the chicken.
Whisk together the remaining 2 tbsp oil, the vinegar, and sugar in a bowl, then pour into the pan, and stir over high heat until hot. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, and toss quickly to combine. Serve immediately.
2. Meanwhile, put the radicchio in a large serving bowl. Using a slotted spoon, add the chicken mixture to the radicchio.
3. Add the asparagus pieces to the fat remaining in the pan and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes, or until they are crisp-tender. Transfer to the bowl with the chicken.
2008 Dorling Kindersley