- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 14 Times
Quick to cook, and easy to assemble, this warm salad is hearty, but refreshing at the same time. Good with thick slices of crusty French bread.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, about 5½ oz (150g) each, cut into ½ in (1cm) wide strips
- 1/3 cup drained and thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head radicchio, torn into small pieces
- 9 oz (250g) asparagus spears, trimmed and each cut into 3 pieces
- 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
1. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is opaque when pierced with the tip of a knife.
2. Meanwhile, put the radicchio in a large serving bowl. Using a slotted spoon, add the chicken mixture to the radicchio.
3. Add the asparagus pieces to the fat remaining in the pan and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes, or until they are crisp-tender. Transfer to the bowl with the chicken.
4. Whisk together the remaining 2 tbsp oil, the vinegar, and sugar in a bowl, then pour into the pan, and stir over high heat until hot. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, and toss quickly to combine. Serve immediately.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.