- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 2 Times
- 8 ounces Italian-style sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded, cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 small onion, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Pinch of coarsely ground black pepper
- 12 ounces wagon wheel pasta
1. Cut the sausage into ½-inch crosswise slices. Sauté in a medium skillet over low heat, stirring, until browned, about 10 minutes. Lift from pan with a slotted spoon; discard any sausage drippings and wipe out the pan.
2. Heat the oil in the skillet; sauté the peppers and onion over medium heat, stirring until edges begin to brown and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes; add the garlic; sauté 1 minute. Return the sausage to the skillet; stir in the salt, oregano, and pepper; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, or firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain. Toss with the sausage and pepper mixture and serve at once.
© 1988 John Boswell Management