- 2 tablespoons butter, for the baking pan
- 1 1/3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or rendered bacon fat
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup seeded, deveined, and chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chile or jalapeno peppers
- 1 ear fresh sweet corn, kernels removed
- 9-inch square baking pan
Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter the baking pan.
In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the liquid ingredients and mix well. Fold in the vegetables.
Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes, or until the edges turn golden and pull away from the sides of the pan.
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings.