- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 8 Times
This is a seriously delicious and super-easy frosting for cupcakes. It assembles very quickly and has a light and creamy vanilla taste. This is not your ordinary cloyingly sweet icing: it will please the discerning palates of kids and adults alike.
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
- ½ cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- ½ (2 mL) tsp vanilla paste or vanilla
1. In a small bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, beat together sugar, butter and salt until creamy. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy. Add cream and vanilla paste, beating until frosting is smooth.
2. Spread icing on cooled cupcakes with a knife or transfer to a pastry bag and pipe decoratively over cupcakes.
Variation: Tint the frosting with food coloring. Be careful not to use too much color. Start with a drop, mix it in well, and add more only if necessary.
This frosting is best made just before you’re ready to use it.
© 2005 Julie Hasson
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 2 tablespoons frosting.