- Course: Hot Appetizer
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 130 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
Making this soup in my Houston kitchen on a fall Sunday afternoon evokes memories of my time spent on a Tuscan farm. It sounds too good to be true, but these savory smells can transport you there too! Have the kids help you peel carrot and potatoes and stir. This treat can be enjoyed throughout the week in a thermos at lunch, bringing the warmth of your home to the office or school lunch table.
1. In a large pot, sauté garlic and chili in extra virgin olive oil.
2. Add broth and tomatoes.
3. Add chicken.
4. After about five minutes add potato.
5. Cook on a gentle boil for about 15 minutes.
6. Add beans, chard, carrots and celery, and simmer for a few more minutes. Don’t over cook.
7. Ladle into warm bowls. Finish with parsley, Parmesan, and taste for salt and pepper.
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings, and does not include grated Parmesan cheese.