I love, love, love this panini. Cranberries and turkey remind me of Thanksgiving, but I don’t need to wait for the holiday to enjoy this treat. Sunflower seeds add flavor and a bit of crunch.
- 4 slices French bread (½-inch/1 cm thick slices)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (50 ml) cranberry chutney
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) mayonnaise
- 3 oz (90 g) roasted turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 2 oz (60 g) Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 thin slices plum (Roma) tomato
- 2 curly-leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) roasted salted sunflower seeds
Preheat panini grill to high.
1. Brush one side of each bread slice with oil. Place on a work surface, oiled side down, and spread chutney over bottom halves. Spread mayonnaise over top halves. On bottom halves, evenly layer with turkey, cheese, tomato and lettuce. Sprinkle evenly with sunflower seeds. Cover with top halves and press gently to pack.
2. Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Variation: Substitute toasted chopped walnuts for the sunflower seeds.