- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 15 Times
A delicious take on the classic veal dish, this features coated cutlets topped with a tomato and artichoke sauce. Good with buttered fettuccine or other flat pasta noodles.
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 turkey breast cutlets, about 4 oz (115g) each
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- One 6 oz (170g) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup drained canned chopped tomatoes
- Few basil leaves, torn
1. Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a plate. Dip the turkey in the seasoned flour until lightly well coated, shaking off any excess. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add 2 of the cutlets and cook, turning once, 2-3 minutes each side, or just until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining cutlets and 1 tbsp oil.
2. Add the remaining 1 tbsp oil to the pan and cook the onion for 4–5 minutes, or until softened. Add the wine and bring to a boil, stirring up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the artichokes, tomatoes, and basil and bring to a boil. Spoon over the cutlets and serve hot.
Veal Cutlets with Artichokes: If you would like to try the classic veal version, simply replace the turkey breasts with the same weight of veal cutlets and continue with the recipe, as Turkey Cutlets with Artichokes.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox