- Course: Appetizer, Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 17 Times
This updated version of carpaccio uses tuna served with a lemony potato salad
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- ½ tsp chopped thyme
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 5 small Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp nonpareil capers, rinsed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 14 oz (400g) sushi-grade tuna steak
1. Mix 4 tbsp of the olive oil, thyme, and zest together. Set aside.
2. Boil the potatoes about 25 minutes until tender. Drain, cool, peel, and cut into thick slices. Place in a bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, mix with mayonnaise, and season with salt.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a small skillet over high heat. Fry the capers about 2 minutes, until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
4. Slice the tuna thinly across the grain. Divide the slices among 4 plates. Scatter with capers, sprinkle with salt, and drizzle with olive oil. Add equal amounts of the potatoes to each, and serve immediately.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.