Every cook should have a recipe for this quick one-dish meal, which is ideal at the end of a busy day. Good with hot garlic bread and a green salad on the side.
- 8 oz (230g) pasta shells
- One 10.75 oz (305g) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- I cup whole milk
- One 6 oz (170g) can tuna fish in water, drained and flaked
- I cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Pinch of chili powder (optional)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta, stir, and cook for 2 minutes less than the time on the package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Butter an ovenproof casserole.
3. Drain the pasta. Bring the mushroom soup and milk to a simmer over low heat in the pasta pot. Add the tuna, corn, red pepper, parsley, chili powder, and half of the cheese, and mix. Stir in the cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread the mixture in the casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve hot.
Chicken and Pasta Bake:Replace the tuna with 7oz (200g) cooked chicken breasts, chopped and mixed in before the cooked pasta.
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.