- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 2 Times
Here’s a summery no-fuss cooking technique for trout or salmon or any of your favorite fish, including red snapper or tilapia. Serve with new baby potatoes and green beans.
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh basil or chives
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 trout fillets (each 5 oz/150 g)
- ¼ cup (50 mL) white wine or chicken stock
- 10-cup (2.5 L) shallow rectangular baking dish or 11-by-7-inch (2 L) baking dish
1. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, parsley, vinegar and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Place trout in baking dish. Season fillets with salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and wine.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and turn back one corner to vent. Microwave on Medium (50%) for 3 ½ to 5 minutes or until fish is opaque. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes. To serve, arrange fish on serving plates and top with a spoonful of the tomato sauce.
Use extra virgin olive oil and vine-ripened tomatoes for maximum flavor.
© 2004 Johanna Burkhard
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox