- 3 tablespoons Tomato Compote
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and plenty of freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped chervil or parsley
In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except the oil and the herbs. Continuing to whisk, gradually add the oil, incorporating it as much as possible. This dressing will not form a complete emulsion, so the oil will rise to the top after it sits for a while. Whisk in the herbs, taste, and adjust the seasoning. Whisk again before using.
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings and 1/2 teaspoon added salt. Nutritional information does not include Tomato Compote. For nutritional information on Tomato Compote please see link above.