- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 4 Times
Our summertimes can be a bit humid, and we welcome a midday break-a perfect time for a fresh tomato sandwich. Choose a deep-red midsummer tomato for this and adjust the aïoli to personal taste to enjoy this warm-weather indulgence.
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- ½ to 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Dash of lemon juice
- Pinch of jarred minced garlic
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 slices peasant bread
- 1 (¾-inch) slice beefsteak tomato, or 2 slices of a smaller tomato
- 2 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, cheese, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
Spread the aioli on both bread slices. Place the tomato on one slice of bread and top with the basil. Season with pepper. Top with the remaining bread and cut into halves.
© 2009 Julie Sullivan
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox