- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 98 Times
This is as luscious-tasting as it is nourishing.
- 2 large or 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 pound firm tofu, well drained and diced
- One 14- to 16-ounce can low-sodium stewed tomatoes, chopped, with liquid
- 1 to 2 teaspoons good-quality curry powder, or to taste
- 4 ounces arugula or baby spinach, well rinsed
- Salt to taste
1. Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes in their skins until done but still firm. When cool enough to handle, peel, and cut into large dice.
2. Combine the tofu, tomatoes, and 1 teaspoon of the curry powder in a stir-fry pan or wide skillet. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Add the diced sweet potato and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the arugula, cover, and cook very briefly, just until it wilts slightly. Taste and season with more curry if desired. Season with salt and serve.
© 2001 Nava Atlas
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Total fat: 4 g
protein: 8 g
Carbohydrate: 22 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 21 mg