Tofu and Mushrom Scramble
The curry powder gives a great color and depth of flavor to this easy breakfast alternative. If mushrooms and curry are an issue for the kids, you can omit. Add some cheese and a corn tortilla and you have a great breakfast taco.
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
Recipe Coursemain course
Dietary Considerationmain course
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturesavory, spiced, umami
- ½ cup tofu, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon garlic, granulated
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (all curry powders are not created equal, if you have a strong one consider using ½ teaspoon and just a pinch for the small kids to get them acquainted with the flavor)
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Crimini or button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tablespoon tamari, soy sauce or Bragg’s liquid aminos
Mix spices with tofu.
Heat a skillet and give a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Add mushrooms and soy (or Bragg’s) to pan.
When moisture starts to cook out of mushrooms add tofu and spices.
Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through (about 2 minutes).
Serve and enjoy!
2007 Domenica Catelli