- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 8 Times
The curry powder gives a great color and depth of flavor to this easy breakfast alternative. If mushrooms and curry are an issue for the kids, you can omit. Add some cheese and a corn tortilla and you have a great breakfast taco.
- ½ cup tofu, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon garlic, granulated
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (all curry powders are not created equal, if you have a strong one consider using ½ teaspoon and just a pinch for the small kids to get them acquainted with the flavor)
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Crimini or button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tablespoon tamari, soy sauce or Bragg’s liquid aminos
1. Mix spices with tofu.
2. Heat a skillet and give a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Add mushrooms and soy (or Bragg’s) to pan.
4. When moisture starts to cook out of mushrooms add tofu and spices.
5. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through (about 2 minutes).
Serve and enjoy!
© 2007 Domenica Catelli
Nutritional information includes 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil for drizzling.