- Course: Hors D'oeuvre, Snack
- Total Time: Under 4 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 10 Times
- Seeds from 1 pumpkin, pulp and strings removed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
1. Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet, making sure they are thoroughly cleaned of strings and pulp. Let them air-dry for at least 3 hours. Once dry, hull them.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Add the oil and salt to the seeds, and stir to coat them well. Place the baking sheet in the oven and toast, stirring the seeds every 5 minutes or so, until they are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let the seeds cool, and then taste for salt; add more if necessary.
© 1989 Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 12 servings, using 24 oz of seeds from one pumpkin. Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox