Thai-Styled Mango Salad with Griddled Shrimp
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party
Recipe Coursemain course
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturefruity, savory, spiced, sweet, umami
Type of Dishmain course salad, skewer, warm salad
- 20 large, headless tiger shrimp, peeled
- 4 skewers (if wooden soak in water before using)
- A thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- A small bunch of fresh cilantro, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- A good pinch of brown sugar
- ½ a clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 ripe mango, peeled
- 2 handfuls of bean sprouts
- 3 small cucumbers, chopped
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- A bunch of spring onions (scallions), chopped
- Sea salt
- A small handful of sesame seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
Slide 5 shrimp on to each skewer.
For the marinade, mix together the ingredients. Drizzle half of this mixture over the shrimp.
Pit the mango and cut it into thin strips. Mix these with the other half of the marinade, and the bean sprouts, cucumber, cilantro, pepper, spring onions and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Heat a large frying pan and toast the sesame seeds in the dry pan until golden. Remove and set aside. Fry the shrimp over a high heat for 2 minutes until cooked through.
Sprinkle the sesame seeds and drizzle the olive oil over the salad then serve.
2016 Jamie Oliver