- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 26 Times
For the griddled shrimp:
- 20 large, headless tiger shrimp, peeled
- 4 skewers (if wooden soak in water before using)
For the marinade:
- A thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- A small bunch of fresh cilantro, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- A good pinch of brown sugar
- ½ a clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
For the salad:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled
- 2 handfuls of bean sprouts
- 3 small cucumbers, chopped
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- A bunch of spring onions (scallions), chopped
- Sea salt
- A small handful of sesame seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
Slide 5 shrimp on to each skewer.
For the marinade, mix together the ingredients. Drizzle half of this mixture over the shrimp.
Pit the mango and cut it into thin strips. Mix these with the other half of the marinade, and the bean sprouts, cucumber, cilantro, pepper, spring onions and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Heat a large frying pan and toast the sesame seeds in the dry pan until golden. Remove and set aside. Fry the shrimp over a high heat for 2 minutes until cooked through.
Sprinkle the sesame seeds and drizzle the olive oil over the salad then serve.
© 2014 Jamie Oliver
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving and 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. A handful is equivalent to Â¼ cup. A small handful is equivalent to 2 tablespoons.