Taters and Strings
This “vegetable of the day” is a two-in-one side dish that’s quick and easy.
Total Timeunder 2 hours
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Family Get-together
Recipe Courseside dish
Dietary Considerationegg-free, gluten-free, halal, kosher, lactose-free, peanut free, soy free, tree nut free, vegan, vegetarian
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Textureherby, savory
Type of Dishvegetable
- 1½ pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed, and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 12 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced rosemary
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Arrange the potatoes in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake 25 minutes, stirring once, about halfway through.
Add the green beans and lemon juice, stirring to coat with the oil. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, if needed. Bake an additional 15 minutes, or until the beans are tender. Remove from the oven and stir in the parsley and rosemary.
2010 Tamasin Noyes