- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 6 Times
A totally sunny experience! The blissful flavor of sun-dried tomatoes is even more tempting when spiced.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup mixed freshly grated Romano cheese and Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon caribe (crushed Northern New Mexico red chile) or Italian crushed hot red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces dried taglierini pasta
- Salt, if desired
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Lift tomatoes from cup, and cut in 1/8-inch-wide slivers. In serving bowl, whisk together eggs, slivered tomatoes and their oil, cheeses, parsley, caribe or crushed red pepper, garlic, and lemon juice until blended.
Following package directions, cook taglierini in boiling water just until tender to bite; drain well. Add drained pasta to egg mixture, and lift with 2 forks to mix. Season with salt, if desired, and pepper. Serve immediately.
© 1987, 2005 Jane Butel
This recipe serves 4.