- Course: Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 3 Times
Never cooked kale before? This recipe truly knocked it out of the park! One I will repeat many times.
- 1/3 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound kale, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1 (15-ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat, cook Canadian bacon until turns golden brown, several minutes. Add oil and onion, sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add kale, beans and broth and cook, stirring, about 10 minutes or until kale is tender. Season to taste.
Kale from the cabbage family is very nutritious with powerful antioxidants
© 2010 Holly Clegg
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories from fat 21%
Saturated Fat 1g
Dietary Fiber 6g
Dietary Exchanges: Â½ starch, 2 vegetable, Â½ lean meat