- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 40 Times
You will find paneer (a firm Indian cheese) and tandoori paste at Indian markets.
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp tandoori paste or powder
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 9 oz (250g) paneer, cut into 1 in (2.5cm) cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1in (2.5cm) pieces
- 12 white mushrooms
- 1 large zucchini, cut into ½ in rounds
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Wooden skewers
1. Mix the yogurt, tandoori paste, and lemon juice together in a nonreactive bowl. Add the paneer and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 and up to 24 hours.
2. Thread the paneer cubes, red pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini onto the soaked skewers. Brush with the oil.
3. Broil or grill the kebabs for about 10 minutes, until the paneer is tinged with brown. Serve hot, with lemon wedges, if desired.
Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for 30 mins before using to prevent them from burning
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley